Technical Project Officer (Civic & Building)
3 days left
- Full Time
About the Role
Our Client, a local Government organisation, is currently seeking a Technical Project Officer for a full time 12 month contract based in the CBD. This role has a strong focus on civic and building projects, providing project support to the branch.
As a Technical Project Officer you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist the Project Managers to identify areas for business improvement and implement solutions;
- Provide a range of efficient, proactive and reliable technical project support services;
- Assist project managers in the research of project associated data;
- Collect, interpret and analyse project related information, to inform project management staff;
- Develop and maintain efficient administration systems and procedures to ensure that project delivery complies with business requirements;
- Assist with the preparation of written documentation, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence and reports as required by the project management staff.
Skills and Experience:
The successful applicant MUST have:
- A qualification in project management would be highly regarded;
- Previous experience in local, state or federal government would be advantageous;
- Experience in identifying project scope, planning and resource allocation to be used for project resource allocation, project tracking and project reporting;
- Good research, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to collect, collate and analyse data, develop reports and make appropriate recommendations;
- Demonstrated ability to work on an individual and team basis within a multi-functional team;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills, negotiation, conflict resolution, and financial reporting;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Outlook, City Web and databases.
How to Apply: Click on the "Apply Now" button with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above AND a detailed resume in WORD format (PDFs can be corrupted / not processed). Note: Applications only accepted from Australian / NZ residents with valid Australian work rights or temporary residents on work visas e.g. Working Holiday Visa.
How to Register with Evolve:
For upcoming positions please click on the "Apply Now” button. By applying to any of our roles you will also be registered for future positions unless you request not to be.
Why Evolve Scientific Recruitment?
Evolve is an award winning agency specialising in scientific/technical recruitment in: Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Environmental, Health Services, Life Sciences, Mining and more.
QLD Labour Hire Licence Number: LHL-00906-L1D2V.
Melbourne | Sydney | Adelaide | Brisbane
We take your privacy seriously