Project Manager - 2 year Fixed Term Contract
3 days left
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Corporate Programme Management Office as a Project Manager on a 2 year Fixed Term Contract basis.
Working within a small PMO team, this role involves management and delivery of key business change and ICT projects.
The Coal Authority see strong project management as a key contribution to delivering on its variety of Programme and Projects. This Project Manager role will see you take on the management of projects from within our business change and ICT portfolios; managing small to medium project teams through the lifecycle of the project, using traditional project management methodologies.
What we're looking for:
Project Manager's with strong stakeholder management skills and experience of managing medium sized projects using traditional delivery methods.
Key responsibilities and skills:
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills, with the ability to manage key stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent planning skills, with the ability to plan using MS project
- Knowledge of both waterfall and agile project methodologies
- The ability to manage varied tasks and be flexible whilst prioritising your workload
- An interest in and understanding of project and programme management
- Good facilitation skills with the ability to analyse and solve problems
- Delivering medium sized business change and ICT projects across our diverse range of programmes
- Working closely with subject matter experts to define the best approach to successfully delivering the projects
- Providing highlight / dashboard reports to the project / programme
- Expected to manage the projects using traditional delivery methodology
- Work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders in order to successfully deliver the projects.
- Manage risks and issues to ensure these do not threaten the success of the project
- Lead the project teams, organising the team in the most effective way to deliver the tasks required for the project
Stage 1: Telephone interviews, to be held on w/c 8th July 2019
Stage 2: On-site interviews, to be held on w/c 15th July 2019
The Coal Authority embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity and there is a Guaranteed Interview Scheme. We're also happy to talk flexible working.