Design Project Coordinator
In-house opportunity within a rapidly growing retailer with a great luxury brand name that is continuing to see developing European-wide success. They are looking for a Design Coordinator with excellent Project Management potential to take on the coordination of the delivery of new fit-out projects across Europe as they continue their ongoing expansion strategy.
Competitive basic salary, fixed bonus, private medical, contribution matching pension scheme, paid European travel and other benefits.
Responsible for the coordination of multiple retail fit-out projects within Europe in a timely manner with the use of planning controls to the agreed budgets.
Planning & Scheduling
* Responsible for the creation of the programme
* Creating a programme where the projects are being delivered in a staged manner so that that the Ops team are able to manage the flow of new stores
Programme & Lifecycle Management
* Overseeing the progress of multiple projects across Europe to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner and within budget
* Create and maintain processes to manage multiple projects at the same time
Capex Controls & Budget Management
* Tracking quotes/tenders and construction phases
* Monitoring project budgets to ensure they keep within the agreed figures
Risk, Correctives, Issues & Adjustment
* Analysing projects to see where risks could occur and taking any necessary action to reduce the likelihood that they could occur.
* Ability to react to arising issues quickly by analysing them with the Project Managers and finding a way to resolve them.
* Ensuring that our Project Managers, Furniture Suppliers and Architects are working together to ensure the projects are completed in a timely manner
Reporting & Documentation
* Ensure each project has a fit-out programme
* Create a store briefing document for each project
* Ensure the store tracker documentation is kept up to date
* Ensure the fit-out contracts are created and completed
Key Experience & Attributes
* Proven management of external suppliers and contractors and demonstrate influencing and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrable experience of delivering multiple projects simultaneously
* Understanding and experience of related building compliance; CDM, H&S, building control, asbestos awareness etc.
* Good facilitating and organising skills
* Strong leadership and management skills
* Ability to work with a wide range of individuals
* Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
* The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
* Very structured
* Additional European language is advantageous