About the role:
The role comprises contract administration duties and co-ordination of the BDP reporting to the Employer including:
- Planning and schedule management work typically with relation to the requirements of the NEC3 PSC. Co-ordinate programme and resources integration and manage presentation of output
- Support the process of assessing programme effects and assist with negotiating and agreeing changes (EWNs, CEs etc.)
- Liaise with BDP directors and task leads to monitor the completion of BDP contractual deliverables
- Monitor progress of the service delivery with the team to assist the contractual close-out of task orders and achievement of milestones
- Preparation of progress reports including schedule and narrative preparation, co-coordinating the project schedule reporting calendar and contributions for Employer and internal reporting
- Analyse programme and resource trends in summary and in depth, advise the Design Management Team and suggest actions arising
- Assisting with the programme element of sub-consultancy agreements
- Attendance of Reporting and Contract Administration meetings with Employer and Sub-consultants
- Liaise with Employer planners and project controls functions and advise BDP on deliverability of planning protocols and standards to be agreed
- Contribute to risk registers
- Assist the design management and commercial team as required with applications, proposals and submissions
- Co-ordinate and contribute to responses to Employers queries on reporting, programme matters
- General support to the BDP core team
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of schedule management within context of the NEC3 PSC
- MS Project and Primavera P6, MS Office, especially Word, Excel
- Data environments/Portals: Conject, ACONEX, Newforma, Sharepoint
- Design team experience preferable
- High standards of logic, dependency, numerical and related analytical skills
- Concise, clear and accurate written and verbal communications
- Collaborative team contributor
- The role requires scheduling-specific knowledge equivalent to a Technical or Business degree and demonstrable experience in delivery of planning and schedule management of projects within an NEC3 PSC contractual context. An APM PQ qualification or similar is advantageous
- This role is open to applicants from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- Ability to achieve the Parliamentary Security clearance
Please note that due to the sensitivity of the project all successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check (BPSS) and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; 3 years UK Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, Singapore and Canada. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality.
BDP's attractive remuneration package includes a competitive salary*, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, and contribution towards professional subscriptions. BDP also offers Employee Assistance Programme, All Employee Profit Share Scheme and Health Screening benefit.
We have a Social Life committee which organises a wide range of social, sporting and charitable activities and a communication committee for improvement and development ideas. Our studio location by the waterside at Piccadilly Basin is near the vibrant northern quarter and close to Piccadilly station and central Manchester transport links.
Please visit our website to attach a covering letter and current CV which should fully detail your portfolio of work and demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this position. Please include an indication of your expected salary with your application.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer
No agency or third party CVs will be accepted