Architectural assistant/project manager
MOMO & CO. Design has a vacancy for an architectural assistant/project manager to join its firm in London.
MOMO & CO. Design is on the hunt for a talented and experienced architectural assistant/project manager to join us at our London studio here in Southfields village, right next to Wimbledon tennis.
We specialise in the refurbishment and extensions of family homes around SW London and looking for someone with experience and enthusiasm in this area.
This is a great opportunity to join our young team and be fully involved in every aspect of our architectural work from initial concept design, detailed design, assistance with contract administration, and onsite project management of our build projects through to completion.
We’ve tried to be as specific as possible for this role so please do read through the job description below carefully.
If it sounds like something you’d be totally amazing at – then we want to hear from you.
Don’t be put off if you don’t meet the full technical requirements. It is far more important to us to find the right person who shares our values and will be the right fit.
This person must:
- have at least three years of experience working on residential refurbishment projects in London. If you have an architectural degree, then amazing – but we’re more looking for someone with industry experience
- have excellent communication skills and feel confident and comfortable talking to our clients, consultants, trade suppliers, builders, etc. We want a happy, chatty, personable person
- be well-versed with AutoCAD, SketchUp & and Excel on Mac. If you can use Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, 3D rendering programs or any other presentation skills, then that would be awesome – but not essential
- knowledge of the home refurbishment process and various stages is important. Working knowledge of construction methods and materials is helpful. Particularly, technical skill in joinery drawings, electrical layouts, specification of works, etc
- any knowledge on UK building control requirements, listed building regulations and the planning policies of Wandsworth, LBHF, RBKC and Westminster Councils is a major plus
- must be a highly motivated self-starter, who is willing to help out wherever required within our young design company. Organisation and follow-through are key
- this is important… you musthave a good attitude, particularly when situations get demanding. We like to surround ourselves with positive and creative people who look for solutions, not problems. We believe everything can be figured out
- living in SW London would be an advantage, as you’ll be able to better understand the local area, the community, etc. These are our people
On a daily basis you’ll:
- help prepare, manage and maintain all project files, correspondence, drawings, etc
- assist with measured surveys and be able to draw up scaled plans, sections and elevations of our client’s properties
- provide assistance in the creation of preliminary plans and design concepts, including architectural designs specific to our clients requirements (we are not a copy, paste repeat factory)
- assist with drawing up detailed design packages for tender, including servicing and lighting layouts, custom joinery designs, bathroom and kitchen design, etc
- carry out research of recent planning approvals and policies
- submit planning applications and prepare all supporting documentation to submit to the local Councils of Wandsworth, LBHF, RBKC and Westminster
- obtain samples and help to create palettes/mood boards when required
- take the lead on daily project management tasks by attending site visits and following up with anything needed to move things forward (eg. liasing with suppliers, sub-contractors, revisions to drawings, construction details, tracking progress, contract administration duties, etc.)
- communicate clearly with other team members and clients, so that we can provide regular updates, communication is vital
Along with your CV, please include anything that is relevant to your design and style. We’d love to see a range of your skills such as CAD, sketches, completed projects, professional project experience, etc. If you have a blog, send a link. Same with Instagram, Twitter feed, Pinterest, whatever you want us to see to show us who you are!
Job type: full time (37.5hrs per week) flexible if required
Job location: Southfields, SW London
Salary level: to be discussed depending on experience level
Required education: bachelor’s degree or other accredited design/management course
Minimum required experience: architecture and project management, three-plus years’
First interviews will be conducted in July with a view for the right person joining our team in early September.
We are a small team, so please respect that we can only respond to successful applicants who we’d like to invite for interviews and will aim to do so within three working days.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.