Project Management Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
The Programme Operations team is part of our client’s Content and Media Policy Group. Technology is changing how they experience audio and video content, and their expectations on those who provide it. This is an exciting time to join the part of our client’s team that’s responsible for getting the best out of TV and radio services, and for thinking about the future of content regulation as it’s delivered on new and emerging platforms. The Programme Operations team provides support to the wider group to enable the delivery of its work.
Purpose of the Role
You’ll play a pivotal role in making sure our client’s group delivers its projects in a better way. You’ll take ownership of setting up a new project management office function. You’ll be responsible for sharing best practice project management skills in group so project managers can update project plans, risk registers and reporting dashboards. You’ll also help track our client’s ongoing programme of ICT projects which aim to improve the way the team works.
Requirements of the Role
- Implement an agile and flexible approach to project management
- Ensure project managers understand and follow project management methodology
- Prepare creative and informative reports on the status of projects and present these to senior managers
- Co-ordinate the timely delivery of inputs to our client’s corporate reporting packs
- Get involved in a wide range of tasks to support the group’s function
- Build strong collaborative networks across the organisation to share best practice
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A good understanding of project management tools and methodology
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- An innovative and creative eye and an enthusiasm for seeking ways to do things better
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload with routine and ad hoc tasks
- Good working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Good written communication skills
- A collaborative mindset, with an enthusiasm for building networks with colleagues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to work across areas of Content and Media Policy Group’s remit, as required
- Takes ownership of a case, workstream or an aspect of a project or programme
- Manages the input from others to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Acts as a point of contact for the team on specific issues in own area of expertise
- Uses project management systems effectively
- Delivers high quality proof read documents to agreed timescales
- Participates actively in debates and discussion, contributing ideas
- Generates options for action, demonstrating intellectual rigour
- Works on specific elements of projects and/or activities in his/her individual area of specialism
- Demonstrates basic level of knowledge about the sector and how this relates to our client
To apply for the role of Project Management Officer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Project Management Officer, Project Manager, PMO Manager, Programme Manager, Project Officer, Policy Project Manager, Broadcasting Project Manager.