Junior Project Manager
Are you a Junior Project Manager or experienced project support officer looking for your next exciting role?
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to gain more experience within the security cleared market.
In order to apply for the role all candidates must be eligible for Developed Vetting. It is strongly recommended that prior to application Developed Vetting is researched.
The successful candidate will be working on a large and complex programme of technological and business change within the organisation. The project manager will be responsible for providing support to the senior project manager and Programme Manager for the successful delivery of specific projects.
- Typically, 5 to 8 years' experience of managing several medium/large sized work packages
- Typically, management of several projects across the whole lifecycle, including start-up
Team and Resource management:
- Responsibility for team leadership of a small team and accountability for building and motivating the team
- Planning for and obtaining the appropriate levels and types of resource required
- Agreeing terms of reference with the Project team members and the Project Board
- Define and agree the scope and deliverables of specific work packages with your Work Package/Project Managers
- Identifying issues and recommending solutions to the Programme Manager or Project Board
- Establishing common milestones which link to the wider project/programme milestones
- Holding checkpoint meetings with the Work Package/Project Managers
- Providing progress and status reports to the Project Board and Project team
- Identifying and managing the risks
- Ensuring the delivery of quality products, on target, within budget and other constraints
- Identifying issues and recommending solutions to the Project Board and other relevant parties
- Driving all aspects of the Project to a successful conclusion and resolving any conflict within the Project
- Working within the standard disciplines and processes established for the Project/Programme
- Defining and managing stakeholder expectation
- Good team-membership skills and able to gain the respect of peers
- Displays leadership skills and able to lead teams positively
- Able to interface with stakeholders and suppliers and create a good impression
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner, ISEB Certificate in IS Project Management, Foundation in MSP07 Programme Management method or Foundation in Management of Risk
- Professional body affiliation (APM, PMI, BCS)
Applications will be reviewed as and when they are received.