Senior Risk and Assurance Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; be challenged; be unique.
Can you support our highly specialist team who are responsible for managing technical services across the Defence Estate?
The Senior Risk and Assurance Manager (SRAM) oversees and has responsibility for the collection, production, accuracy and presentation of all risk-related data and reports for Technical Services.
Technical Services provides the Department’s intelligent customer capability for our specialist subject areas; we are an in-house resource established to support the business in its projects and offer Technical advice. We supervise, monitor and judge whether deliverables and activities of contractors meet the requirements of the contract, legal duties and MOD Policy in relation to Engineering, Construction, Health, Safety and Environmental protection.
The SRAM will:
- Collect, process and analyse risk data generated from within Technical Services and elsewhere in DIO and MOD to produce management reports for the 1* Head of Technical Services. These reports include: The Technical Services Risk Register, the Safety, Health, Environmental Protection & Sustainability report, the Annual Assurance Report, and the Key Control Document for Risk.
- Provide advice and guidance and assist in the development and review policies and procedures on risk related topics. These include Safety Alerts, Policy Rules & Guidance documents, Guidance Notes, and Joint Service Publications.
- Assist the Principal Risk, Assurance and Standards with the collection, processing and analysis of assurance and standards data within Technical Services. The SRAM will be responsible for generating and adhering to a programme of data collection and reporting. The SRAM will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the Technical Services Risk Register and inclusion in the data reporting forum.
There is a requirement for occasional travel to other MOD sites for liaison with internal and external stakeholders on risk, assurance and standards.
To assist in this role, the Senior Risk Manager has line management responsibility for one Risk & Assurance Manager. Line manager tasks include ensuring adherence to MOD/DIO policies and procedures for conduct, health & safety, training (mandatory and role specific), and performance reporting.
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Free car parking, Gym and café
Take a look at our YouTube video to see more about DIO https://youtu.be/kl9c3vCIRqY
For further information regarding this vacancy and how to apply please see the full advert on Civil Service Jobs.
Please enter 11284 into the Vacancy Reference field to be taken to the full job advert.
Closing date: 29 September 2019.