My client, a large and well recognised organisation is currently looking for a Project Manger to join the team on a contract basis.
They are looking for someone who is able to hit the ground running and in particular has good experience and working history in "Service Migration".
Lead the development and delivery of a number of projects to achieve cost, time, quality and safety objectives in accordance with the requirements of the RSIT delivery lifecycle, governance and company standards. The Senior Project Manager will manage end to end project delivery within a broader portfolio/s.
- Accountable for shaping the project to drive optimum delivery of outputs, including planning at the level appropriate to the complexity of the project, structuring and sequencing appropriate sets of tasks/activities.
- Effectively builds and leads the project delivery team and oversees all suppliers, dependencies, milestones, and significant risks and issues in accordance with standards and guidelines, as described in the operating model and delivery lifecycles.
- Monitors and reviews all project delivery budgets, costs, resourcing and drives governance arrangements to support appropriate reporting.
- Manage risk, working with the business and using effective stakeholder management to agree common understanding to mitigate and reduce risk.
- Maintains effective relationships with key customers and stakeholders, making sure effective and robust communication plans are agreed and in place.
- Identifies and implements quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Leads and inspires the team to maintain full engagement in meeting business objectives.
- Manages and complies with company procedures to manage appropriate resources, communication strategies, training and competency.
- Supports major business transformation programmes and drives delivery performance improvements across the portfolio and function, acting as Change Ambassadors for the Change and learning Network within Programme & Project Services.
Job Skills Experience and Qualifications Essential
- Significant proven track record in delivering projects of successful large scale and complex IT projects with an element of business change
- Significant experience in leading project management and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, tools and emerging trends.
- Significant experience in management of customer expectations, senior stakeholders and developing strong relationships across the business.
- Strong leadership skills, motivating and inspiring confidence in others.
- Proven track record in managing staff performance/under-performance and developing high performing staff and teams
- High levels of flexibility, adaptability and broad thinking.
- Proven track record in supplier management and commercial acumen
- Knowledge and experience of applying a range of delivery/ development life cycles, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
- Strong financial management skills including quality forecasting
- Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry or equivalent.
- Formal Programme/Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM/P - Certified Project Manager, Managing Successful Programmes, and Prince 2)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV