Are you looking for an opportunity to take a role as a Project Manager? Do you have vast experience of working on a large scale site? Live in Sussex? Then we may have the role for you…
Role: Project Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary/Rate: Up to £90k
Randstad Contact: Kieran Logan
We are recruiting for a leading national design construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector clients across multiple markets (Construction, Infrastructure, Fit out, Partnership Housing and Regeneration projects).
You will be managing a project dealing with a 10 storey reinforced concrete frame with 200+ student units. This is a big site team with up to 4 managers reporting to you.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Liaise with all other departments, to ensure cost effective delivery of the Region's
- Liaise with other developers and project managers on consortium sites to ensure
- Provide clear leadership, direction and motivation to all staff within the department to ensure that work programmes are fulfilled in accordance with the Region's budgets/forecasts.
- Ensure the workload priorities of the department are coordinated to ensure sites are developed in accordance with the Region's overall programme. Maintain a set of pre-development programmes that demonstrate how the department workload is being managed.
- Ensure housing layouts, including roads, sewers and open spaces are designed effectively and sensitively to maximise profitability.
- Ensure that roads, sewers and open spaces are adopted as soon as possible in order to minimise the Region's financial expenditure.
- Ensure the companies Best Practice Operation and Procedure Guide is implemented and adhered to.
- Provide a positive contribution towards the planned expansion of the Company, with particular emphasis upon increased profits and return on capital employed, and the setting of the appropriate budgets and development of forecasts.
- Liaise with the Regional Technical Director, Regional Land Director, Regional Construction
- Director and group design department to advise on technical issues.
- Challenge critical stages in the process where 'bottlenecks' appear to ensure that issues are
- being resolved, with particular attention paid to delays being incurred between purchasing
- land and starting on site
- Candidates will require relevant role and project experience.
- Good eye for detail.
- Be able to interpret construction drawings and designs.
- Strong man-management skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Good level of IT literacy.
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate/salary + package.
- Opportunity for further contracts.
- Access to a host of training courses through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Brighton branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.