Senior Project Manager
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Senior Project Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing production of tender schedules and contribute to procurement of trade contractors.
- Preparing detailed project plan.
- Establishing key relationships with the client and other key stakeholders.
- Setting up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues, which may arise.
- Setting up and chair regular site progress meetings and report on weekly project and commercial progress.
- Ensuring project/programme is kept up to date.
- Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated. Assessing resources available on a regular basis and bring in additional support/specialist expertise.
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring management plan is being followed and adhered to.
- Ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel.
- Managing, monitoring and coordinating all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to, cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, design and environment.
- Ensuring close out and practical completion schedules are completed and issued.
- Representing the company in a presentable and professional manner.
- Ensuring Mace management system is followed at all times.
- Providing financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, income, fees and etc.).
- Ensuring invoices and timesheets are submitted on time.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Previous work in a similar role.
- Understanding of built environment and the construction lifecycle.
- Understanding of the RIBA stages.
- Understanding the Education sector projects and programmes.
- Successful track record of managing clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of UK and Europe legal framework, including health and safety regulations, contract law, environment and building regulations.
- Expertise in managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
- Key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Understanding of industry best practice.
- A relevant degree qualification.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”