The Association for Project Management (APM) is the Chartered body for the project profession. APM is a registered educational charity with over 30,000 individual and 500 corporate members making it the largest professional body of its kind in Europe. APM is committed to developing and promoting a professional approach to project management through our broad offering of professional membership, qualifications, publications, resources, research and events. In October we admitted the first cadre of Chartered Project Professionals to our register. Our vision for the profession is ambitious, challenging and radical. Above all, it reflects what society expects: a world in which all projects succeed.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to bring their expertise to the only chartered body for the project profession. Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Project Manager will plan and deliver projects within the APM portfolio – which aims to support the award-winning organisation to deliver on its vision to create “a world in which all projects succeed with project management as a life skill for all”. In addition to project delivery, working within the portfolio team, the post-holder will contribute to the enhancement of APM’s project management framework in order to ensure projects within the APM are delivered in line with good practice, whilst ensuring such frameworks are appropriate to the type and scale of projects within the overall portfolio.
The successful individual will be educated to a first-degree level or equivalent, and a professional qualification in project management such as APM’s Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or other recognised qualification is essential. They will also have at least 5 years proven track record in planning and delivering complex projects. The role holder will be skilled in effective stakeholder engagement, negotiation, planning and organisation. They will be an outstanding communicator and have a high level of IT literacy.
The Association for Project Management (APM) is a membership association, professional body and charity. It was first incorporated in 1972 and obtained its Royal Charter on 1 April 2017. APM’s mission is: “Inspiring communities to deliver meaningful change for societal benefit by advancing the art, science, theory and practice of project management.” Detail on APM and its Charter can be found at apm.org.uk.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the necessary skills and expertise to work with APM please send email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by closing date 27th September 2019.
Please note if you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We wish you all the success in finding employment. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Main benefits at APM:
• 25 days holiday (excluding all public holidays). This increases with length of service – by one day after four years’ service, then another day every other year, to a max of 30 days per year).
• Private healthcare and dental cover is available after completion of six-month probationary period. APM pays the premium for the employee. This becomes a 'benefit in kind’.
• Pension scheme offered in line with auto enrolment. APM can contribute up to 8% of your salary depending on your own contribution. APM will contribute a minimum 6% of your salary. The pension scheme is available as a salary sacrifice.
• There is a sick pay scheme which pays up to 30 days (pro-rated for part time employees) full pay for sickness absence in a rolling 12 months period, payable after probationary period.
• Life assurance at four times the salary.
• Salary sacrifice schemes – cycle to work scheme, additional annual leave (up to 10 days), and pension scheme.
• Free parking – this is not guaranteed.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Performance Related Pay (PRP) scheme. The discretionary bonus will take account of individual performance as well as APM’s overall financial performance