Technical Project Manager
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBCâ€™s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the worldâ€™s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager tojoin HSBC Technology.
This position sits within the CMBIT Digital Resilience & Cybersecurity team, who are responsible for ensuring the continued availability and security of Digital services.
Resilience requires continuous service availability risk reduction, achieved through IT maintenance. This includes reducing single points of failure and system dependencies, optimising capacity and performance, improving the speed of issue detection and incident response. Resilience also includes patching and upgrade of major infrastructure, middleware, databases, operating systems and tools without impacting the application services that depend on them.
Cybersecurity risk reduction requires identifying vulnerable assets; implementing processes and IT to prevent and detect attacks; defining and rehearsing response procedures.
The principal responsibility of our Technical Project Manager is to be accountable for the successful delivery of the project and ensuring benefits realisation. Projects may be standalone or part of a wider programme of activity and may be located in project teams as well as BAU teams.
What you will be doing:
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities. Project Management job holders will hold most or all of these responsibilities:
- Driving the establishment of effective project controls, procedures and quality assurance processes.
- Leading the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes alongside m anaging relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC.
- Promoting and taking accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery, planning and analysing costs, tracking operating and capital spend alongside driving the adoption of HSBC project standards and work in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times.
- Reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Experienced in â€hands onâ€™ IT delivery including e xperience of delivering complex end to end infrastructure upgrades affecting multiple countries, products, customers and applications, usually including comprehensive regression and non-functional testing
- Full change management including IT project management, planning, budgeting, risk management, governance
- Experience of operational risk assessment of resilience risks/controls to assist the business risk owner in establishing risk appetite, priority and return on investment
- Experience of creating and working with a virtual team made up of stakeholders and IT colleagues from multiple disciplines, geographies and timezones, alongside executive communications, presentations and reporting
- Working technical knowledge of one or more common infrastructure patterns and products, including;
- RedHat LINUX operating systems
- IBM Websphere and MQ messaging middleware
- IHS Web server / F5 firewall / loadbalancing
- Oracle databases
- z/OS Mainframe operating system
- LDAP, OpenAM, ForgeRockDS authentication
- Splunk, AppDynamics & Patrol instrumentation
- Experience of working in a Service Management role; (ITIL, DevOps) and Cybersecurity (CISSP)
These roles will primarily be based on site in London at our Head Office in Canary Wharf.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.