As CAPEX Project Manager you will be the authorised budget holder and will have responsibility of managing all capital projects from £30K up to £3m. Refurb and new build projects based at these sites in Barnsley will fall under your remit.
Michael Page are partnered with a large healthcare provider who are needing a CAPEX Project Manager to look after large redevelopment and new build projects on a number of sites in the Barnsley and South Yorkshire area.
In this position you will be working alongside a number of departments and key stake holders such as: Asset Management professionals, key share holders, engineering and maintenance teams, procurement specialists, regional leads, and a variety of projects managers across the group.
- Budgets - assigned budgetary holder responsible for the procurement of physical assets for several services; that are set for capital/revenue schemes.
- Project Management on a range of capital projects.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Budget scoping, cost management and feasibility of contract procurement for selected schemes.
- Responsible for the preparation of the scheme specific schedules of accommodation, room data sheets, drawings and specifications, ensuring all schemes meet all statutory and internal regulations, in particular by not exclusively:
. Building/Planning Regulations
. CDM Regulation's
. The Health and Social Care Act 2008 in particular Control of Infection requirements
. Fire safety
. Control of Asbestos Regulation
. Health and Safety at Work Act
. Capital Investment Manual
. Standing Financial Instructions
. Disability Discrimination Act
. Health Technical Memorandum and Building Notes
- An experiment capital projects manager with a background in construction, building surveying, or as a QS.
- Health & Safety Qualified
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills along with professional credibility
- A proven track record delivering complex projects in challenging environments.
- Excellent stakeholder management capabilities
- Project Management Qualification
- Experience in Plant / Power stations
- Experience in Ports, Marine and Off Shore redevelopment projects
- Experience delivering £50+million capital and redevelopment projects