A Project Director is being recruited for an exciting new opportunity within Midas Group Ltd. If you are looking to join a highly reputable, leading property services company and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Mi-Space Living is a division of Midas Group Ltd based in Bristol. With a turnover in excess of £40million, it is our goal to expand and increase this to £60 million within 2 years, and £100million in 5 years. Our objective is to be the best contractor operating in the field of affordable Design and Build housing, without exception. To achieve this ambition, we understand that Mi-space has to become the benchmark by which other companies are measured. We aim to constantly improve the quality, sustainability and durability of our new build work, provide tangible benefits to the communities we work in and actively manage our environmental impact.
We have recently secured a £40million design and build residential project in Swindon, and we are looking for someone to lead the scheme operationslly. The scheme is spread over 3 and a half years and is a residential development comprising of 42 one bedroom flats and 88 two bedroom, 95 three bedroom and 14 four bedroom houses along with community hub and office building and associated access, parking and landscaping
Overview of the role:
It is envisaged that the role will support the aim of Mi-Space Living in serving all customers' design and construction needs from a network of regional businesses. This will be achieved by;
- The development of key working relationships with Mi-Space Living staff, clients and consultants
- Working in close partnership with local supply chain partners and using local expertise and knowledge
- Contributing to long-term customer partnerships ensuring repeat business
- Ensuring delivery on time, to budget and to agreed quality ensuring procedures are followed / maintained and that authorization parameters are not exceeded thus ensuring compliance with our group procedures
As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead the project team to ensure Mi-Space Living and the client objectives are met, by:
- Attend and contribute to any safety initiative as required to ensure the project(s) are constructed safely
- Comply and manage health and safety in line with Midas procedures, current guidance and good practice
- Ensure that site branding and housekeeping standards are adhered to in line with company guidelines
- Ensure the coordination of the project as a whole by appropriate planning and organisation by leading the site team ensuring the project’s success
- Ensure the contract programme including monitoring and re-programming should it be required ensures timely delivery of the project
- Ensure that the flow of information through all parties is effectively managed and delivered, ensuring the works as a whole are constructed to the latest information
- Liaise with the project QS to monitor the financial status of the project, identify solutions to problems and improvements and organise activity to deliver these and the required margin
- Manage junior team members, making expectations clear and review performance standards and assist in their development
- Communicate with clients and third parties in Midas Group Ltd’s best interests at all times.
- Set role model and ensure high standards of personal conduct at all time to deliver the Midas Group Ltd. brand image.
- Demonstrate our ability to our clients maximising the opportunity for repeat business.
- Ensure project records are maintained in line with Midas procedures and good practice
- Be responsible for a project as a whole to ensure the successful delivery
- Promoting high performance, health & safety and quality standards across site
- Proactive resolution of issues
- Effective and regular communication with supply chain, colleagues, client and community
- Effective leadership and management of direct reports to deliver industry leading performance and customer service
- Effective planning and organisation of programme and resources
- Proactive and effective client relationship management
- Risk and opportunity management
- Commercial acumen
- Making decisions taking all commercial, operational, contractual and client needs into consideration
- Honesty and integrity
Qualifications & Experience
- Membership of professional body (CIOB, RICS etc)
- Minimum HNC or equivalent in construction related subject
- First Aid (4 day)
- Good understanding of construction methods and technology, design processes and implementation of value engineering and alternative solutions
- A proven record of career progression through engineering, trade or construction roles in the construction industry
- Competitive basic salary
- Company vehicle or allowance
- 25 days holiday per annum (This increases by one day for every two years worked up to a maximum of an additional five days. You also have the ability to buy/sell up to five days per annum)
- Private medical healthcare (AXA PPP)
- Pension (5% matched)
- Life assurance (3 x annual salary)
Midas Group Ltd is committed to equality of opportunity for all, and to removing barrier to equal opportunity. Midas Group Ltd fully recognises and accepts its responsibility to ensure that there is no discrimination on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
All individuals will be treated solely on their merits as employees or applicants for employment.