EMR Project Manager
The Project Management (PM) role is within ELEXON’s Electricity Market Reform Settlement (EMRS) Programme Office; the EMRS JPM role forms a central and key role in delivering change to the EMRS services. As a PM within the EMRS team, you will have good experience of both waterfall and agile methodologies to deliver whole project lifecycle changes. As an EMRS PM you will work closely with the EMRS Change, Design, Test, 3rd party supplier development and Operational teams to ensure that regulatory and operational changes are scoped and delivered within agreed timeframes
1.) Role Description Function
- Manage a portfolio of complex projects by creating and updating project documentation, managing scope, liaising with the wider team, project and team managers and external stakeholders to adjust plans where necessary, communicate updates and findings and facilitate project meetings and presentations to diverse audiences (including senior management, customers and technical staff).
- Demonstrate good knowledge in both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies and apply this to the development, execution and improvement plans by providing advice and guidance to other team members, utilising best practice has written and verbal communications.
- Liaise with peers by collaborating with others, inform the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Capture and document project plans including but not limited to all project activities, risks, issues, dependencies, constraints and resources to ensure successful implementation of the customer’s and other external stakeholder’s requirements to the jointly agreed timescales.
- Support an influence peers by articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, identifying and initiating improvements to processes and systems, driving resolution of issues and holding self and team accountable for results.
- Provide excellent customer service as a PM for EMRS by resolving queries from Generators and Capacity Providers on behalf of LCCC and ESC, as well as providing support directly to ESC, LCCC and other external stakeholders.
2.) Role Requirements
- Good experience in the delivery of large scale projects as well as handling day to day operational requests from the business;
- Preparation of estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the projects, managing the day-to-day project activities and resources;
- Assisting the project team to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones;
- An ability to query and effectively challenge resource and effort estimates to ensure projects are realistically resourced to meet required dates;
- Understanding interdependencies between technology, operational and business needs;
- An ability to translate complex regulations and governance changes into viable and realistic project plans that deliver the service requirements to the customer;
- Monitoring, tracking and controlling outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables;
- Developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors and key stakeholders;
- An ability to positively build and maintain professional relationships with customers, stakeholders and colleagues;
- An ability to comprehend and intelligently assess complex information and simplify this into reports, presentations and training workshops;
- An ability to multi-task and respond flexibly and quickly to changing priorities, which may result in re-planning activities at short notice to tight timescales.
To be effective in this role you need to have the following essential Skills/ Attributes:
- Has demonstrable evidence-based experience in the delivery of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall and how to apply these to all aspects of the delivery.
- 3+ years of project management experience, including planning and managing full product lifecycle projects, with an understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle.
- 3+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional, cross-company matrix environment.
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of the planning and execution of tasks for themselves and others, with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines, and the ability to deliver under pressure.
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and utilises an iterative approach to enable rapid delivery. Able to ensure the team is aware of what each other are doing and how this relates to ESC and LCCC’s objectives and user needs.
- The ability to build and maintain professional relationships with regulatory bodies (LCCC, ESC and BEIS), System Operators, Electricity Suppliers, Generators and Capacity Providers in order to understand their concerns and issues and the ability to clearly and succinctly explain how Government regulation has been implemented within the EMR settlement system.
- Expert level of knowledge in the use of Microsoft Project
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.