Associate Project Manager
We are the UK’s largest Early Phase Contract Research Organisation (CRO) uniquely based within excellent facilities at London Bridge, working alongside industry leading experts you will develop rapidly in this critical area of drug research. Richmond Pharmacology are known for their cutting edge research and high levels of excellence. As such we are looking for a dynamic project manager to join our existing team.
Project Managers at Richmond Pharmacology oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of specific projects. The deliverables will be executed to the agreed timelines and budget specified within the contract or varied in agreement with the sponsor and Richmond.
We have seen rapid growth of our project portfolio spanning early phase clinical trials involving healthy volunteers and patients. As a result, at any one time we perform multiple clinical trials and this role therefore requires the successful candidate to be able to multitask and communicate effectively both internally, (within and across departments), and externally with clients and subcontractors to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to contracted quality standards.
You will need to be a strong manager with the proven ability to set targets and ensure they are met at all times. You will be forward thinking, managing budgets and naturally planning ahead whilst being able to make changes to the workload at short notice to continually meet shifting client expectations. Good IT skills are essential as is the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Candidates with strong MS Project knowledge would be particularly attractive.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Project Manager will work under the guidance of a Project Manager to perform a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
• Being involved in the contract development process (budget, payment milestones, roles and responsibilities, timelines)
• Map the project in relation to timeline and budget, creating a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
• Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
• Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Review the project schedule with the sponsor and senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
• In consultation with the appropriate director/manager, staff the project
• Contract qualified consultants and vendors to work on the project as appropriate
• Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
• Write minutes on the project for management and for sponsors
• Communicate with sponsors as outlined in the roles and responsibilities agreement
• Being responsible for contract and work order drafting from the point of study award to study close out
• Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
• Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
• Prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for sponsors as outlined in funding agreements
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
• Evaluate with the sponsor the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
• Responsible for overseeing the clinical trial applications to the MHRA and Research Ethics Service
Qualifications & Experience
• University Degree in a related subject
• A minimum of 12 months planning and/or management experience
In return we offer a generous remuneration package, with a base salary enhanced by revenue based bonus, plus a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance and generous holiday allowance. We also offer a structured training plan and continuous professional development program.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted