Junior Clinical Project Manager
The Clinical Project Manager is responsible for delivery of projects utilizing cross-functional teams to deliver defined requirements and meet company strategic objectives. The Project Manager is responsible for the management of scope, timelines, budget, quality, and resourcing need identification of their assigned projects. Line management may be required at intermediate and senior levels. Client relationship responsibilities include risk and issue identification and escalation management. The Project Manager I provides some input toward process improvement based on experience
Key Accountabilities/Decision Making & Influence
- Consults with Commercial, Client Relations, Support services during bid defenses and proposals, contributing product and relationship knowledge
- Accountable for overall client and project management of assigned studies during all phases of a study, including timelines, scope, quality, and changes in scope. Maintain visibility through project management and reporting tools
- for the overall status of the project and timelines.
- Accountable to deliver simple/medium complexity level study based on defined scope, within budget, and on time while managing client expectations including standard Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Project Health reporting.
- Accountable for identifying and executing changes in scope and managing associated change orders and client expectations.
- Accountable for project related invoices for goods/services rendered and ensuring tracking of costs vs budget is completed by project team.
- Accountable for leading requirements gathering, implementation, testing, UAT, and maintenance change requests to defined timelines within scope across functional operational teams.
- Responsible for proactive Identification of risks and issues throughout delivery and can drive resolution across collaborative teams; though may require guidance on <25% of issues
- Accountable for the creation, execution, and maintenance of end user material through various formats such as printed materials, web-based material, or live presentations on location.
- Accountable for vendor management and deliverables. This can include services, licensing, payments, invoicing, and change management.
- Works on initiative to complete tasks as assigned. Identifies potential areas for improvement and efficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent or relevant experience
- Must have excellent time management, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
- Must have solid MS Office Suite experience – Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all members of Client Services
- Able to multi-task and work with multiple team members
- Must be detail orientated
- Must be able to use own initiative and work independently as needed
- Must be a team-oriented person with a “can do” attitude
- Experience of clinical trials/pharmaceutical industry/life sciences
- Background in Pharmaceutical, Medical education and/or CRO