The project manager will play a vital part in ensuring that the business is ready to service and support the new homes and customers. At the core of this will be the successful delivery of an essential data migration exercise, however, the scope of the project manager will be wider, supporting various departments within the business to be prepared to receive the stock at the point of legal completion.
The housing association manages almost 15,000 homes across 34 local authorities, predominantly in the South East.
Their vision is to make the best use of our resources so that they can provide more affordable homes to those who need them most, as well as offering a fair deal to their existing residents.
As a charitable organisation, the surplus they make is ploughed back into building new homes - the Corporate Plan sets out their intention to build 600 new homes a year for rent and sale.
- Develop an overall implementation plan for the third phase of the project (implementation), owning this document and ensuring progress against.
- Become the key point of accountability for project management of the non-IT led data migration.
- Working with colleagues across the business, identify and manage resource to ensure the successful upload of incoming data that requires manual entry.
- Maintain a close liaison with IT colleagues to co-ordinate the manual data entry with need arising from the automated uploading.
- Working with the Business Systems Analyst team, provide oversight and management of any temporary changes to system processes arising because of the migration.
- Provide project management support to Communications colleagues in development and delivery of "onboarding" communication for incoming customers.
- Also supporting communications colleagues in delivery of wider communications to other stakeholders impacted by transaction.
- Provide project management support and guidance to operational teams to ensure the business is operationally ready at point of completion.
- Support the business in an orderly hand over of outgoing customers as part of the process, as required.
- As a project manager there will be a need to support to the business post hand-over to embed operational changes within new customer base.
- An experienced Project Manager minimum 5 years, preferably with experience in integration planning and delivery in either a stock rationalisation or merger scenario.
- A strong communicator who has a proven ability to work with and across a range of stakeholders in the delivery of successful projects.
- Excellent planning and development skills with a keen eye for detail and a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently (possibly within a programme structure), with an ability to prioritise focus and resource as required.
- A project manager with tenacity, resilience and drive, able to cope with challenge and ensure forward momentum.