Business & Economy Project Manager
Hambleton District Council has a vision of a place to grow and to help us achieve this vision we are looking for someone who can manage and implement our ambitious strategic projects.
You will need to be an innovative Project Manager, with a track record of success probably in infrastructure based projects, be politically astute and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
Based in the heart of North Yorkshire, Hambleton district occupies the broad Vale of York between the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors, both containing designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Hambleton is a predominantly rural district which hosts five vibrant market towns. From frontline services to multi-million pound projects the Council’s main goal is to provide a special place for residents to live and businesses to grow. To do this we need the best employees.
- Supportive working environment with the autonomy to affect change
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership of multi-site leisure centres – including an on-site centre with 24/7 gym access
- Flexible working hours
- Free on-site parking at our Northallerton office
- 20 days annual leave pro rata (which can increase up to 28 days depending on length of continuous service)
- 3 days additional annual leave pro rata to facilitate the Christmas office shut down
- The opportunity to develop your career via the Council’s Learning and Development Policy
To be shortlisted for this position, applicants must be able to give examples of how they meet the person specification.
For a confidential discussion please contact Nicole Patterson or Sam Swinbank, Business and Economy Managers on 01609 767233.
An application form must be completed. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded from our website www.hambleton.gov.uk
Applications to be received by noon on Friday 1st November 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 14th November 2019