Project Manager – Commercial Investment
Somerset West and Taunton Council is growing its housing development programme to increase output in excess of the 100 homes we’ve built already. We have a number of schemes going live this financial year, including a £45m multi-phased regeneration project in North Taunton.
As a result of this ambition, an opportunity has arisen for the role of Project Manager in our Commercial Investment team. We are looking to appoint this Project Manager predominately to support the delivery of our Housing Programme. The right person for the role will have housing development and/or residential construction experience. They will be familiar with the development lifecycle and have a clear understanding of how to manage construction projects so that they achieve cost, time, quality and safety requirements.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, in addition to the above you will have:
- Clear written and verbal communication, with an ability to present and report technical information
- Knowledge and experience of administering build contracts
- Ability to manage competing demands
- Confidence to manage contractors and external consultants
- Ability to manage budgets and apply cost control
- Confidence to deal with conflicting stakeholders
- A professional project management, construction or built environment qualification or membership to a professional body related to the role
- Knowledge and experience of construction health and safety, including relevant legislation and applicable processes
Benefits of working with the Council
The Authority offers flexible and agile working, with excellent technology to support this. The council offices provide a pleasant, comfortable and modern working environment and a fleet of pool cars for use on official business. The Council offer a generous annual leave entitlement as well as an option to purchase additional annual leave. Other benefits include the Local Government Pension Scheme, payment of professional subscription if required for the role, an Employee Assistance Programme, access to My Staff Shop which include salary sacrifice schemes, discounts and deals. Employees also are eligible for free use of the gym and swimming pool during off peak times and discounted gym and swimming membership at peak times. A relocation allowance may apply if eligible.
For further information, please contact Rich Wiseman, Programme Manager, Commercial Investment on 07557 418294
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please visit: https://www.somersetwestandtaunton.gov.uk/jobs/ to download and complete the Application form and Recruitment Monitoring forms in line with the Job Description.
Completed Application Forms and Recruitment Monitoring forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference number.