Senior Project Manager NEC Contracts)
- Full Time
Locations: London Clerkenwell and Millbank
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5.30pm
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £35k to £50k p.a. depending on skills, qualifications and experience plus BDP Benefits
BDP require a Senior Project Manager to play a key role within its multi-disciplinary design team for the restoration and refurbishment of a prestigious historic building in Central London. The role will be to support the project management team in delivering the project through all the design stages and to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
The role comprises of contract administration duties and co-ordination of the BDP reporting to the employer including:
- Normal NEC3 PSC contract admin of head Contract with employer
- Normal NEC3 admin of sub-consultants head Contract with employer
- Co-coordinating the project reporting calendar and contributions for monthly principals, commercial and workstream reports
- Liaising with team and planners to co-ordinate the bi-weekly programme reporting
- Assign action associated with incoming Contractual correspondence to BDP directors and task leads
- Attendance of Reporting and contract administration meetings with client and sub consultants
- Assisting with assembly of sub consultancies of task-orders
- Liaise with BDP directors and task leads to Monitor the completion of BDP contractual deliverables to time
- Monitor progress of the works with the team and manage the contractual close-out of task orders
- Contribute to risk registers
- Support the process of negotiating and agreeing changes (EWNs, CEs etc)
- Assisting with assembly of sub consultancies
- Operation of the conject portal
- At times of priority, assist the wider design management and commercial team as required with applications, proposals and submissions
- Co-ordinate and contribute to responses to Employers queries on reporting, commercial matters
- General support to the BDP core team
Skills / Experience
- Previous NEC contract experience as a contract administrator or named NEC project manager.
- A detailed working knowledge and demonstrable experience of NEC3 PSC
- Change management and compensation event experience
- MS Office, Word, Excel, Project and Conject (essential), Primavera P6 (preferable)
- Data environments/Portals Conject, ACONEX, Newforma, Sharepoint
- Design team experience preferable
- High standards of numerical / analytical skills
- Concise, clear and accurate written and verbal communications
- Collaborative team contributor
- This role is open to applicants from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- Wider experience of the commercial and management of design commissions would be advantageous but not essential
Please note that due to the sensitivity of the project all successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check (BPSS) and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; 3 years UK Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, engineers and designers working together to create outstanding 'places for people'. Founded in Preston in the UK in 1961, we now have studios across the UK, Ireland, Netherlands, the MENA region, India, Singapore and Canada. BDP has a leading track record in all major sectors and has over 1000 awards for design quality.
In return, BDP offers a great opportunity for your personal development with exposure to the full range of BDP’s skills and expertise, as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, flexible pension allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions, a great working environment and excellent prospects for career advancement.
Please click on the apply button below and you will then be redirected directly to our vacancies page on BDP.com. Please ensure that you complete the online application form and attach a cover note and CV to the application. Please include an indication of your salary expectations and notice period in your cover note.
BDP is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies or third party applications please.