My client in Newark, Nottinghamshire is currently in need of a project Director.
My client operates across multiple sectors, delivering a comprehensive range of innovative Off-Site Solutions, operating in the MOD, Commercial, Retail, Hotel, Student Accommodation and Education sectors.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
As a Project Director you will be responsible for the overall leadership, direction, management and supervision of projects to achieve the best possible health and safety standards. You will be responsible for delivering projects to time, cost and quality targets and provide leadership and support to managing the delivery of projects liaising regularly with other department heads to ensure programme, specification and quality and cost objectives are achieved. Work closely with customers to manage the customer experience and journey.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Lead the project team and manage the supply chain to deliver projects to time, meeting cost and quality targets and CML standards.
* Monitor and drive weekly progress and liaise with other department heads to resolve any delays or issues identified.
* Ensure that a culture exists within the site construction team that guarantees the required quality of the build process is achieved.
* Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained by knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety to the project team to deliver high standards.
* Foster a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
* Proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationships
* Communication of a clear vision and strategy the project delivery team in order to deliver contracts in line with contract programmes and cost plans.
* Effective Resourcing – plan skill requirements and own the resourcing for assigned projects, being supported by HR
* Project Set-up and Close-Out: set up quality processes in line with quality and factory manager , oversee problem resolution and snagging with focus on alignment of cost, scope and timescale from project start-up.
* Programme Management: proactively manage and monitor programmes throughout the factory, installation, commissioning and handover.
* Effective people management: build and manage the team around you, providing constructive feedback and inspiring others to progress.
* Ability to take ownership of projects whilst having the backing of a supportive team and working closely with the CEO.
* Aligning performance targets to business objectives, driving critical business areas such as Safety, Quality, Programme, Delivery and People.
* Strong leadership skills
* 10 years’ experience in Contract/Project management and contract administration
* MCIOB or equivalent – We will also consider applicants qualified through experience
* Broad knowledge of building regulations and construction methods
* Strong commercial awareness
* Strong working knowledge of prevailing health and safety legislation and practise
* Highly organised and able to coordinate a large team of contractors and consultants
* Full UK driving licence
* Able to work as part of a team as well as being an effective manager
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* The individual will have a well-established record within the Off-Site sector and will have expert knowledge of key sectors such as Education, Healthcare, Defence, etc.
* Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
* Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment.
* Preferably educated to degree level, but not essential.
Holidays 25 days plus statutory holidays – need to save up to five days for the Christmas shutdown (this year only need to save three days). Standard office hours – Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, Friday, 8.30am to 3.45pm