Our top 10 major main contracting client have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Project Director to lead a £75m landmark Stadium project in Birmingham.
As the Project Director for this major re-construction project, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the project team and manage the supply chain to deliver the scheme on time, cost and quality targets and standards.
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained;
- Promoting safety and communicating safety with passion and credibility in order to inspire, motivate and lead the project team to achieve the vision;
- Fostering a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements;
- Ensure sustainability targets and standards are achieved;
- Actively engaging with the customer/client to understand and deliver their key sustainability objectives;
- Promoting Sustainable Solutions around all operations, particularly those related to efficient management of Waste, Energy and Water;
- Leading effective Community Engagement Plans and Skills programmes;
- Manage commercial and business risk to achieve targets;
- Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project;
- Proactively managing the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationships;
- Monitor and approve cost targets and financial forecasts to maximise profitability;
- Ensure external consultants (e.g. design) are rigorously managed to enable delivery - driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project's objectives;
- Ensure defects and any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed;
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams.
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues to senior management;
- Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
- Ensuring rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place;
- Thorough implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls;
- Utilisation of the principles of Lean Construction in the execution of the project, particularly Lean Visual daily management, collaborative planning and problem solving;
- Implementation of best practice commercial management;
- Utilise BIM, where appropriate, and the supporting digital tool set to drive optimisation, safety and performance improvement throughout the whole project lifecycle;
- Ensure that labour and materials are efficiently managed, where self-executing works and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed Project Schedule and budget;
- Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams and create a pipeline of talent;
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Significant previous experience as a Project Director, in particular managing complex Stadia projects ideally within the construction industry;
- Ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage customer/client relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisational skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency;
- Strong leadership skills, including experience of leading teams and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required;
- Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance;
- Relevant professional qualification and technical qualifications are desirable;
Why work for our client?
They deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; managing and maintaining vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.