- Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Logistics & Supply Chain team here at Matalan as a Project Coordinator. As a Project Co-ordinator you will provide administrative support and the delivery of projects. You will have the opportunity to support multiple projects that play a key part in the execution of our business strategy, support our growth and deliver greater efficiency.
This role will be varied, from delivering administrative tasks, maintaining key project documentation through to the management of projects. The blend of responsibilities means that this role will have project management and business analyst elements. The role will expose you to a fast-paced working environment working with different areas of the business.
- Support the senior stakeholders in our logistics and supply chain teams with data analysis, administrative tasks and end to end project co-ordination and delivery.
- Organising workshops, meeting and supplier visits, ensuring that these meetings have been prepped with the relevant communication and materials.
- Creation and distribution of meeting minutes and session outputs.
- Participate in project scoping sessions, producing high quality process maps and supporting documentation.
- Helping to co-ordinate cross-functional teams during the project lifecycle
- Ensuring that delegated tasks for projects are delivered accurately and to agreed timelines
- Producing and maintaining project documentation.
- Collecting and collating data manually and via systems where required
- Maintaining and updating MI reports including budgets, resourcing, capacity and schedules.
- Reviews project activities for compliance purposes alongside procedures and standards.
- Fulfill any additional / ad hoc administrative duties as required to meet the needs of the project team
- Be committed to and demonstrate in your work; our core values of “think customer”, “think family”, “be real” and “be the best”
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of the principles of project management including methodologies and tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to work proactively
- Takes accountability and pride in their work seeing tasks through to completion
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure, dynamic environment
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.