Project Portfolio Manager
Imperial Brands PLC is a dynamic FTSE100 FMCG company headquartered in Bristol with a global workforce of around 32,000 people. Borne out of a strong tobacco heritage, we have continually evolved to embrace changing market dynamics and our purpose is to create something better for the world’s smokers. Our high-quality cigarette brands include Davidoff, Gauloises Blondes, JPS and West and we are increasingly focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products built around the vaping brand blu.
Acquired by Imperial Brands Plc in 2017, Nerudia is a young and dynamic business which is wholly owned by Fontem Ventures, the NGP (Next Generation Products) arm of Imperial Brands. We are focused on developing a leading portfolio of next generation products including the vaping brand blu.
As Project & Portfolio Manager your role will be to support the planning and managing of Next Generation Products (NGPs) required for our ambitious innovation programme and growth plans. You will be an excellent communicator who is a self-starter and be able to support, guide and inspire teams whilst maintaining an active portfolio of projects. You will demonstrate curiosity, have broad and deep skill set in planning along with excellent leadership, team building and influencing skills.
Due to our ambitious growth plans, we will be filling a number of positions covering this role description and have the opportunity to recruit candidates with different levels of experience. Pay and responsibility will reflect levels of experience and skills.
- Plans and tracks NGP projects, including early stage Research and Technology projects as well as Development projects
- Creates and maintains the plan for the project
- Working with the project leaders, creates and delivers project stage gate documentation
- Maintains the project risk register
- Promotes accountability of budget allocation
- Promotes cross-functional working and gets commitment from all key functions needed to enable successful project delivery
- Encourages effective meeting etiquette; champions constructive meetings with clear agendas
- Can challenge effectively within the team and offer alternative solutions to enable delivery on time
- Is part of a cross-functional team that promotes good practice of governance, communication and team working
Skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Science, Engineering or related field
- Significant experience of Project Planning (ideally within an FMCG environment
- Significant experience in working with cross functional teams, to plan and deliver developmental projects to the market using agile methodologies.
- Effective Communicator
- Ability to build networks and relationships quickly and effectively
- Ability to provide routine updates to seniors
- Can do attitude, outstanding organisation and time management skills
- Proficient at Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word
- Prioritises independently according to the business requirements
- A key team member who can influence peers, seniors and juniors
What we offer:
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with their CV highlighting their suitability for the role.