Project Manager (M&E)
Client-side opportunity for a Project Manager to work for a global data centre provider.
Our client work on data centres across the globe and they have successfully forged an enviable reputation within the mission critical sector. Due to an impressive portfolio of work, and order book of projects they are looking to add a design manager from a building services background with previous data centre experience, and an individual who has worked on projects in Europe.
The Project Manager is responsible for the leading all aspects of the project of the data centre development project in Paris, France. The role is site-based and requires someone who is fluent in both French and English to work alongside the design Manager. The candidate must have experience of successfully managing the design of data centre projects in France through all project stages.
The candidate must also have experience of working with UK / US based clients in France and have a full awareness of the differences in culture and expectations. A 'milestone driven' attitude and an in-depth understanding of French codes together with the legal, statutory and regulatory approvals required for the construction and operation of a data centre project in France is a must.
- Responsible for managing the day to day activities of the various consultants (civil engineering, structural engineering, underground services, architecture, mechanical and electrical services, fire protection, BMS, security, connectivity, acoustics, Building Control, fire safety, health and safety, environmental, etc.), contractors and vendors in the delivery of the Project.
- Ensure safety is the top priority of all project members and adhere to local health and safety legislation.
- Responsible for creating and managing project schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for project quality assurance.
- Serve as a key liaison with managers of all company departments including executive management, operations, sales and finance.
- Liaise with clients where applicable and manage both their needs and expectations.
- Ensure adherence of Project Delivery / Management Standards by all project participants.
- Develop and maintain consultant, contractor and vendor relationships to provide cost effective services.
- Communicate status of the Project to both internal and external stakeholders on an adhoc and formal basis.
- Responsible for Monthly Project reporting to the Director of Construction to assure that budget, schedule and scope objectives are being achieved by the project team.
- Assist with preparation of requests for proposals to Contractors and Consultants, including detailed evaluations and recommendations.
- Monitor the Project Team in their general performance of their services.
- Establish risk and opportunity management procedures and exercises including an early warning system which identifies potential risks or changes.
- Liaise with the insurance advisers over the insurance requirements for the Project.
- Assist in negotiating contracts with vendors as necessary. Review and become fully conversant with all legal contracts on the Project.
- Responsible for handover of Project to the operations team, including the resolution of all defects.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or similar) and a minimum of ten years of related project management experience of technically complex projects required.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of administering French construction contracts together with the legal, statutory and regulatory procedures and approvals required for the design, construction and operation of a data centre project in France.
- Requires the ability to develop, review and analyse budgets and estimates.
If you would like to apply for the role please follow the link to apply.